Thread: Ice Storm is a 3Dmark benchmark for WIndows 8, Windows RT, Android & iOS..

Thumbs up Ice Storm is a 3Dmark benchmark for WIndows 8, Windows RT, Android & iOS..

Ice Storm is a 3Dmark benchmark for Windows 8, Windows RT, Android & iOS.. but Windows Phone is not even on the radar. According the Futuremark, creators of the best/most widely used PC benchmark tests, it will only come to Windows Phone if there is enough demand for it. See the pic: (http://techin5.com/wp-content/upload.../Icestorm2.jpg)

So it's clear that Windows Phone 8 (sorry wp7 users, but this will never happen for you) users really need to raise awareness that if you're using a wp8 device, you want to be able to compare your phones against iOS & Android devices (heck, even Windows 8 + RT devices!).

This will be the first time a cross-platform benchmark has been made available, and it would be a shame if it never came to what is considered the 3rd big platform (again, sorry Blackberry users).

For more information about the benchmarks read this article: http://techin5.com/2012/12/new-3dmar...sadly-lacking/
    You can find me on a BUNCH of Social Networks! Be sure to follow me on twitter - @jubbing !
    Instagram - @jubbing !
    And Vine as well! Once again, - @jubbing on Vine

I'm not sure its the users that aren't raising a stink, I hear plenty of windows 8 friends complaining about lack of mobile content. But there just aren't enough of them. I love W8, but I'm sticking with Android for now simply for the online community and development. Especially with the new Blackberry coming out making a lot of noise among the business and IT crowd, I think W8 will be losing even more marketshare.