View Poll Results: What's your next Mobile Phone?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Apple iPhone 5

0 0%
  • Nokia Lumia 920

5 71.43%
  • Others

2 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll: Will you be getting a iPhone 5 or the Lumia 920 (or other)?

Poll: Will you be getting a iPhone 5 or the Lumia 920 (or other)?

The first official Poll on the Techin5 Forums is up!

The recently announced Nokia Lumia 920 was announced to a lot of fanfare and excitement, but so was the iPhone 5 which was launched yesterday and has been selling like crazy. However, there are plenty of other phones out there as well coming out such as the Samsung Galaxy Note II and the HTC 8X. So let us know, what's your next phone going to be? Let me know in the thread below as well why you chose the device you did!

fatboy-rechargeable-pillow-nokia-lumia-920.jpgiphone2.jpg

Lumia 920 of course. Shame it has fixed memory, but 32Gb is a sweet spot for me #SwitchToLumia

I believe I pretty much set on selling my Samsung Galaxy S III and going for the Lumia 920.

Quote Originally Posted by Boydo View Post
    I believe I pretty much set on selling my Samsung Galaxy S III and going for the Lumia 920.
    Nice man! I'm looking forward to it as well

Looks like it will be the Nokia Lumia 920. haven't decided on color yet (but most likely Matte Grey or White).

The 8X is, IMHO, a Lumia pretender. The only category where it beats the 920 is in weight (130g v185g). However, the 920 has a larger screen, a larger battery and mechanically suspended Lens which accounts for the weight difference. Note I haven't even mentioned the larger storage in the 920 (32GB vs 16GB in the 8X), better Apps and color coordinated accessories.

So the choice is really quite easy.

True, but pricing will matter to people as well. Don't forget the 8X has a higher PPI due to a smaller screen (so people will like that bit as well), and Beats Audio for once, is actually very good from what I've seen. There's an inbuilt amp for music and for your headphones. I'd love to get my hands on it and see how it is!

Since I'm quite happy with my Galaxy Nexus, and the Android eco system, I'm having a hard time switching... But, when the switch comes, if it comes, it will most likely be to the WP platform! voted for other, tho... Next phone will probably be the Padfone2...

Probably get the 920, just waiting for the rest of the line-out to be announced. Key points for me is the f2 camera (as most of my pics are of the late night boozy variety) and I love the yellow version (Nokia's new 'Banana Phone'!)

Quote Originally Posted by dedmau5 View Post
    Since I'm quite happy with my Galaxy Nexus, and the Android eco system, I'm having a hard time switching... But, when the switch comes, if it comes, it will most likely be to the WP platform! voted for other, tho... Next phone will probably be the Padfone2...
    I'm trying the iPhone 5 in 3/4 weeks like I told you already. Be really interested to see how that goes

Getting the 920 and I love the Banana phone reference jon404.